A guide on how to generate free SSL on your site for https.
Https adds an extra security layer to your website and enabling https is must considering this has become a Google ranking factor. So, you should add https to your site and it should be in your priority.
You can even get free SSL for your site for free. Yes, you heard it right! For FREE!
So, following guide mentions guide on how to generate Free SSL.
How to Generate Free SSL
Many find moving from http to https harder but it's quite simple if you ask me.
Here is how to generate SSL Certificate for your website for free -
- Visit https://www.sslforfree.com.
- Enter your website and click on 'Create Free SSL Certificate'.
- Then you will be asked to choose from -
- Automatic FTP Verification: Simply Enter your FTP logins to get started
- Manual Verification: Upload verification files manually.
- Manual Verification DNS: If above two fails, then use it. You will need to enter TXT Records to your DNS server.
- Select Automatic FTP Verification and you will need to enter the FTP logins on that page itself.
- Then SSL Certificate, Private Key, and CA Bundle will be available for download. That page will also list down instructions on how to apply those.
So, that's how you can get SSL for your web site.
This Content was last modified on April 6, 2018 3:12 PM